Become an Urban River Ranger
As an Urban River Ranger you will
- Perform scientific tasks to measure impact on the ecosystem
- Remove trash buildup
- Remove weeds and invasive species
- Report on plant health and more!
Do I need to have a scientific background?
No, as long as you're willing to help you're qualified. If you happen to be interested in doing research you can contact us.
How often will I have to go out on the water?
As often as you would like. We do ask for firm commitments. If you're unsure if this is for you please don't hesitate to send a message to our staff and we can help guide you.
Do I need to know how to Kayak
Kayaking is required. If you do not know how to kayak but are willing to learn please apply (it's easy).
What are the Requirements to volunteer as an Urban River Ranger?
- Ability to Commit 1-2 hours per week, on the same day each week
- Ability to kayak a short distance
- A strong commitment to improving the environment and our mission
- Dependable, reliable
- Not afraid to get a little dirty
Role and responsibilities of an Urban River Ranger:
- Kayak ¼ mile to the project site once a week to:
- Pickup trash at the installation to ensure it looks as beautiful as ever
- Take plant measurements and input them into the citizen science app
- Record any wildlife sightings and input into app
- Take photos of site and send to our team
- Let core team know if any problems arise or if anything looks awry